Steamed Broccoli Sauteed in Olive Oil
- I did not follow any recipe. I just combined what I read from several sources.
- I just boiled the broccoli and sauteed it after on olive oil and garlic.
- And here’s the most important information I learned. Boiling vegetables should only be until 6 minutes. The moment you go beyond this, it’s already overcooked, hence the natural color changes to a less appetizing one.
- Given above, what I did (because I still did not have the steamer at that time) was to first bring the water to a boil before putting the broccoli in the pot. I also timed it to boil for only 5 minutes on medium-high. Yes, I used an alarm so that it’s accurate.
- After 5 minutes, I just drained the water, gathered the broccoli into one side of the pan so that I could saute the garlic in olive oil for a few minutes. After that, I mixed the broccoli with the butter. I also seasoned it with a bit of salt.
Notice the broccoli’s color? It’s still dark green! This is the only time I did not overcook it. Now I know the trick hehe. This was one of my packed lunch and I paired it with roasted chicken.