Trying to post using the WordPress mobile app.
If there is a mobile app for WordPress.com, there should also be one for self-hosted WordPress sites, right? Right.
But it’s not actually a separate app. You can use the mobile app for both .com and your self-hosted site.
How? By using the Jetpack plugin.
Here’s what I learned should be done. I’ve watched 2 tutorials in YouTube too.
- Download the WordPress mobile app.
- You should have an account in WordPress.com. If none yet, go ahead and sign up.
- Install Jetpack plugin. You will do this in your self-hosted site’s admin site, and not in the WordPress.com site. It requires version 4 and up so update your version if needed.
- Activate the Jetpack plugin.
- You need to approve access of WordPress.com to your site (or maybe it’s the other way around). I cannot remember the button that shows up as per the video. In my case, I was logged in to WordPress.com at the time I clicked on Activate button so I was right away redirected to the Approve button. You need to approve that so that your site will be listed in WordPress.com.
- When you login to the mobile app, you can now see your site, as shown below.
I am still in the discovery phase. Like right now, I can’t find the full justify option hehe.
But I’m glad I now have this as another way to publish my posts.