October 3-9, 2016
I only went to work on Wednesday to Friday this week. I was on offset last Monday and Tuesday from a much needed break from all the stress of the past 3 months.
When I got back last Wednesday, thank God that there were few items to check while I was away. And these were covered by my teammate who I heavily rely on on days that I am away. Why? Because he’s quick to understand things, a fast worker and knows that work is work and just does what needs to be done.
We also had a call about another project which I’ll be involved in. I am excited about this even though it’s tricky since I am still in the process of striking a balance between the projects I’m now handling. But matapos lang yung enhancements nung system na nagpasakit ng ulo ko the past 2 months, I’m good.
For the non-work stuff.
I was still in Baguio this day!
I spent this day with the BF. Although it was his day off, he had things to do in the morning so we just met at noon and spent the time together until it was time for me to go back to Manila.
- Lunch at the nearby karinderya
- Visited Home Outlet to check out what they have for a comfort room. My room’s CR is not yet done until now but it’s something I want to finish by end of this year or at least early next year. I want the Toto brand, similar to Japan’s toilet bowls, but they don’t have it. I’m not even sure if that’s available in the Philippines hehehe. But I want that. There’s a new model of HCG where the bidet is already int the toilet bowl but it’s expensive plus it’s not what I want hehehe. I will visit other Home depots in the coming days. Hopefully I’ll find one. I don’t even know if that piece with “controls” is part of the toilet or it’s a separate accessory. Need to research.
- Dropped by Japan Surplus (because it was raining hehe) to just look around. I saw microwavable clear glasses which I think are a steal but did not buy it.
- Went to town for what else, more food!!! And 2 bottles of San Mig light. Ako ang nagyayang mag-inom just to release stress. Inom na inom na kasi ako matagal na 😛 . Mid-afternoon pa lang yun, san ka pa hehehe. We went to Pizza Volante, the same place where we had our first date. Incidentally, we occupied the same seats. Syempre na tatandaan ko pa ‘no 😛 😀 . Bundat na bundat kami after nito so kailangan maglakad-lakad.
- Went around some of the ukay shops to look around. Did not find any good deal. Besides, I wasn’t really looking for something.
- Went to SM Department store. He was looking for white shirts so we were mostly in the men’s section. Keri naman. Di naman awkward hahaha.
- Went to Ace Hardware to of course look for more toilet bowls hehehehe.
- Went to SM Appliance to check out their gas ranges.
- Went to some of the shoe stores to look for my Adidas Superstar. Kay ilap ilap nitong hanapin.
- At around 8PM, we walked to Victory Liner terminal because I was going back to Manila that night. Huhu. In fairness to him, sinamahan naman nya ako until makabili ako ng ticket at makasakay kahit antok na antok na sya.
I was still on offset this day so I used most of this day to catch up with my backlog on the 30 day blog challenge.
I also spent some time filling out the Sunlife forms for automatic deductions of a specific amount for my investments from my BDO account. I like this setup better because it forces me to really set aside something monthly. Automation all the way.
Since tamad din akong magluto, I had food deliverd from Kenny Roger’s. I tried their no fry fried chicken. Masarap sya! Good alternative if sawa ka na sa roasted chicken nila hehe.
On Saturday, I met up with my friend because I wanted to go with her to see the units for rent at Cityland Grand Central Shaw. She’s looking for a new place to move to that’s nearer her and her cousin’s work place and near an MRT station for easier commutes.
We went to S&R Shaw after for lunch and to check out if there are any good deals left after their sale last weekend.
Well, well well, I was able to buy a 900g Nutella for only Php324.95. Grabe ang mura! Dati more than 500 ata yung 700g nito. Di naman ako naghoard. Bumili ako ng isa lang hehehehe.
I also bought Market O’s real cheese chips. Syempre nakuha na naman ako sa chips. At nakain ko na sya. Lasang cheese chips naman. Pero I think it’s expensive at Php99 for only a small pack. It says 19.5 cheese, so di naman purong cheese talaga. May halong potato pa rin.
I also pre-ordered 2017 BDJ planners for my friend and niece yesterday night. It’s 20% discount if you pre-order but you have to claim it at the BDJ fair on October 16. Since my friend and I are planning to go, might as well order now. It includes customization so we have our names in our planners. Can’t wait for this. I’ve been buying their planners since 2013 kahit hindi ko namna religiously nasusulatan lahat. At medyo mahal sya sa totoo lang, BUT way cheaper than the coffee shop planners naman. Pero masaya pa rin kasi if you have written accounts of your appointments eh. So ayun, I still buy hehehe.
On Sunday, I just went out for mass in the morning. I also bought some sticky rice pudding and cassava cake from one of the vendors at the church ground.
Takeaway from the mass: may awa ang Diyos lagi at hinding-hindi tayo pababayaan. Thank you for this reminder, Father.
Took a nap in the afternoon and readjusted my budget a little to accommodate my Sunlife monthly deductions.
And lastly, do this blog post before calling it a night.
And so, goodnight everyone. Have a great week ahead.
I loooooove suman and kakanin! Siguro dahil laking probinsya ako, yan yung nilu-look forward ko pag palengke day (na twice a week lang nangyayari sa bayan namin) at sarap na sarap talaga ako. Tapos bumibili rin kami sa naglalako tuwing hapon pero madalang ko lang maabutan kasi nagsisiesta ang mga batang tulad ko noon.
Ayieeeee, ang saya naman ng date nyo dami nyong nagawa sa maghapon. 🙂
Kami naman, hindi namin nakalakihan ang mga kakanin kasi parang hindi uso sa Baguio or baka sa amin lang since nasa outskirts na kami ng city. Camote at sayote, oo hehehe. San nga ba ang province nyo?
Bihira lang mangyaring lumabas kami kaya nilubus-lubos ko na hahaha.
Nueva Ecija, the rice granary of the Philippines. Pero dati yun, ngayon puro subdivisions na ang pumalit sa sakahan kaya madalas binabaha na dun. 🙁
Awww oo nga. Pansin ko rin yun. Kahit yung nadadaanan ko along Tarlac and Pmapanga pag umuuwi ako ng Baguio, unti-unti na rin nagiging subdivisions. Sana naman wag lahat ng agricultural spaces eh gawing subdivision. Baka wala na tayong makaing locally planted in the future.
Ilocano nga ba don?
Tagalog na may punto yung salita sa bayan namin, yung katabi kasi naming bayan, Bulacan na. It must have been nice for me to learn Ilocano, kaso yun nga, Tagalog din kami, hehe. 🙂
Ahh ok. Actually di rin ako sure aling provinces ang may salitang Ilocano pero ang sure ako ay marami talagang dialects kahit same province pa yan hehehehe.